Sunday, October 16, 2005

Weak in the Red Zone

For the last 24 hours I have been a stupid girl. There are few things I hate more than being a stupid girl, so this fact is really freakin' annoying. (In case you care - A Few Things I Hate More Than Being/Seeing a Stupid Girl: 1. NY Yankees 2. Dallas Cowboys 3. the Bush Administration) I'm a stupid girl because I found myself complaining about - are you ready for this - things being awesome.

wtf?!

Several weeks ago my friend Kelly came in to town to visit and I distinctly told her that once she left, my list of priorities/needs/wants would change. The list was to be this:
1. work new job where I make lots of money
2. have sex on a regular basis
3. hang out with person (#2, probably) and do chill things like drink beer, watch football, movies, lounge around
4. make new friends at work, hang out sometimes, drink beer
5. pay off credit card bill

Within a week after Kelly's departure I had done all 5. And all 5 have held strong for a few weeks now. And then, all of a sudden, I realized I had nothing to bitch about, nothing to write about, nothing to complain about because everything is great.

I have a job where I work with cool people who like to invite me out and are loads of fun to be around. I'm finally dating someone I've had my sights on for a while now who likes to, um, lay on the couch and watch football on sundays and also has a fine appreciation for good food and wine. I have a night off where I can still go to pub quiz. I have made a new friend at work who likes to meet up randomly for a bite or a drink or a walk or whatever.

I'm making money, people like me, people have crushes on me and people want to hang out with me.

All the while I've got my sights set on my goal: New York.
And, most importantly, my secondary goal: have fun.

So tell me why, in the last 24 hours, I have freaked out when I made money, when I got a text message from a cool boy who says he hopes i have a good night and that I sleep well, when I jumpstarted my day with a pot of coffee, a boy I've liked for a while and an omelet aforementioned boy made for me.

Are things not supposed to go my way...? Is this not what I've wanted/"deserved" for months? Can things just not be genuinely, um, fantastic?

What's up with that?

So I resort to breaking out the stupid girl who needs to know the answers for everything - why things are happening, how things are happening, should things be happening at all...
and then I want to punch myself in the face for being such a moron.

So the Redskins were undefeated, the Yankees lost in round one of the post-season and Bush's approval rating is below 40%...

and I'm pretty freakin' happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Hit Counters