Friday, September 09, 2005

And so it is

Music is freakin' amazing.

I've thought about LA more today than I have since I've been back... all because I keep hearing songs that remind me of it.

First was that hip-hop song that used to play in the restaurant where I used to work. I'd kick open the door and yell, "Gabby!!!!" at the bus boy or go talk to John, the crazy British chef and it seemed like this song was on all the time.

Then there was Citizen Cope who I'd listen to constantly my last month or so in the city while "driving" on the 101 heading towards/from Pasadena.

And now... my Damien Rice, The Blower's Daughter. I listened to this song on loop for three hours after I saw Closer - as I sat on my living room, lit by candles, drinking wine and writing.

I'd go back to re-live any of these moments for sure. But then again, why spend the money on a plane ticket when the memory is so clear as it stands?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Hit Counters