Monday, September 12, 2005

Skin Biopsies: The New Cancer

I went to a doctor today and found out I have to have a skin biopsy next week. This will be the first of what I'm sure will be many, as cancer runs rampant in my family. It's for one of those, "Oh, I'm sure it's nothing," things, "We just want to be sure. If we're not sure, it could, uh, maybe... cause cancer."

OK so, what could cause cancer? The condition in question or the biopsy itself...? Hmm..?! And so I think, you just want to be sure enough that you will stick a needle in me and cut off a piece of my skin. Lovely.

(And PS, what doesn't cause cancer these days?)

I do not do well with needles or cancer... and I'm sure I don't do well with people cutting of bits of my skin.

What's up with that?

I mean, really, it's not a big deal but I feel like it's completely impossible to disassociate skin biopsies and cancer. It's almost like skin biopsies cause cancer. Does anyone know they have cancer until they have a skin biopsy? (shut up, I know they do.) But it's like, oops, here's the biopsy and hey, you have cancer. So you're like, ok, maybe, just maybe, I didn't have cancer until you cut out a piece of my skin. Then if you don't have cancer and it's really nothing (as most things are) it's kinda like, oops, here's the biopsy, you're cool, uh, thanks for the souvenir!

wtf?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Hit Counters