Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Denial #1

One thing I've been in denial about recently is the fact that I can actually pick up boys at bars with my baseball knowledge, and maybe I do use aforementioned knowledge towards my flirting advantage.

No, I might not be able to name this or that stat or whatever, but tonight it became clear to me that I posess enough knowledge to talk about:
-the Orioles sucking these days
-the Nats sucking these days
-Dodgers vs. Nats and NL team loyalty
-Nats vs. Orioles team loyalty regardless of league differences
-names of team owners
-jokes about spiked milkshakes or nutritional substances leading to suspension

...blah blah, various records (thank you si.com) and whatever else mundane initial bar conversation... ALL of which lead me to usually getting someone's number or someone getting mine...

So with all my baseball ranting and raving in this blog and that, maybe it's come down to the fact that I really AM in denial about the fact that yes, I love me some baseball, but yes, I also use my knowledge to pick up boys at bars.

So what if I'm a little girly? Shoot me and call me Raffy. Hell, at least I'm being honest...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Hit Counters